Friday 14 October 2011

Diane Von Furstenberg: Anissa dress


Image from Net-A-Porter

I love the colours of this dress - I think the gold and blue together look gorgeous - so elegant and regal. That deep blue and gold together always remind me of the ceiling of the lower chapel at La Sainte Chapelle on the Île de la Cité in Paris.

I'm not sure how flattering the dress would be in person - it looks like it moves beautifully, but the drop waist on a dress with so much volume would probably make all but the thinnest of girls look a little bit like they were wearing a very expensive sack. Or that they were trying to do a Beyoncé and hide a small-but-growing baby bump...

Diane Von Furstenberg has a store a couple of blocks away from my office - I think I'll make the most of the sunshine we're getting at the moment and wander down there one lunch and try the dress on for myself to see how it looks. If they have it in stock I will report back!







No comments:

Post a Comment