Tuesday 11 October 2011

Engagement gift

One of my best friends got engaged over the weekend. It's so exciting! but it's also making me miss home because I can't be there to celebrate with her, chat about her wedding plans over coffee, look at dresses/venues/everything else in the same way that I could, and undoubtedly would, if I was at home.

As soon as she told me I knew I wanted to get her something - something to show I recognise how important an occasion this is, to show how thrilled I am for her, to show I am thinking of her. But an engagement present should be for the couple, not just one party, so a lot of the usual things I might have got her for something like her birthday were out the window - no jewellery, no accessories, no body products, no cosmetics. So that left me thinking, what on earth is a good present for two people to share? The two best things I came up with were things for the home or 'experiences' for the two of them to do together, and since the couple in question bought a home together last year the choice was easy! Something for the home it is.

I wanted something that referenced the occasion and their commitment without being sappy or saccharine. So, after a few hours of searching around I decided on these two prints from B&A Prints via Etsy:





Pictures from B&A Prints.
 
I think they'll look gorgeous framed and hung in their apartment! I keep imagining them hung on the wall of a big walk-in wardrobe - one of those ones that is large enough to be a room in its own right, where the man has one side and the woman has the other. My friend's house isn't quite big enough to have one of those, so I'm looking forward to seeing where they decide to hang them. The works will arrived unframed which will allow my friend to choose a mount and frame to suit her home (although I think they look great in black and white - with something this graphic it's probably best to stick with simple framing.) They could hang them together just the two of them, or maybe get a black and white photograph of them together framed in the same way and hang that in between them.

I have my fingers crossed she loves them! And that he does too.

Ahh Miss T, I'm so happy for you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment