Wednesday 21 September 2011

Genesis

So it turns out that I'm a lot worse at keeping my friends in the antipodes updated on what I'm doing than I thought I'd be. Also, recently a shadow of listlessness and lethargy has been creeping up on me so slowly that I didn't really notice it until a friend getting their dream job (straight out of university too, lucky thing) brought to the fore the disparity between how I wish things were and how they actually are. I know myself well enough to recognise I to get some momentum going after getting that jolt or I'll start drifting back into complacency. So I'm going to try and do this, and hope that the discipline of it will give me the structure and feeling of achievement I need to push myself to try and accomplish things in other areas. (Although of course it remains to be seen if I do have the discipline, energy and focus to keep it going.)


...

Trying not to think about how self indulgent and wankey this could end up...just going to take the plunge and see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment