Thursday 29 September 2011

Looking for...breton stripes

For the past few days I've been on the look out for a long sleeved Breton striped top. Why? I'm heading to Paris soon (and I hope the current blast of lovely warm, sunny weather holds out until I get there!) and I'm imagining myself walking around in demin shorts, a long sleeved black and white (or possibly navy and white) Breton striped top, a pair of black sandals and maybe a scarf and a blazer when it gets cooler in the evening. So Frenchy, so chic and I own it all - except the striped top.


Luckily they aren't hard to find -



Reiss Nopi fluffy crew knit, £89 - I see 'fluffy' but I read 'fluff all over my other clothes'. Sorry Reiss. 

Aubin & Wills Thornville striped cotton top, £49



Zara Organic cotton t-shirt, £9.99 - also comes in a cute navy/white version

Bird by Juicy Couture Striped wool-jersey top, £175



YMC stripe top, £85 - I don't like this top with those trousers. At all.

Not surprising that there are so many out there - it's such a classic and simple look that it has become a classic. I ended up going for the Zara one with shoulder buttons (top image.) I was tempted by the Aubin & Wills one - I like the colour and the loose fit and I have a t-shirt of theirs that I adore and wear a lot because it comfortable and made well from good quality fabric. But the Zara one is one third of the price which helped me make up my mind. I'm still not sure if I should've gone for the organic Zara shirt, but I figure if I don't love the one I went for when it arrives (I bought online, and my swag should arrive tomorrow) I can pop instore and exchange it. So now when I get to Paris I can channel style icons like:


Coco Chanel


Audrey Hepburn


 Pablo Picasso



Audrey Tautou (as Chanel in Coco Avec Chanel)



Andy Warhol

Which is all pretty damn exciting. I will post pictures.

à bientôt

No comments:

Post a Comment