Friday 23 September 2011

seasons

Just a short post today - somehow the day completely got away from me and I didn't get a chance to sit down and write what I wanted to.

It was a beautiful autumn day today - a lovely temperature but cold enough that the air felt crisp when I left the house to go to work. I've never had a proper autumn before - at home summer lingers on much longer than it does here. There's a couple of weeks of crisp mornings, the leaves fall off the trees and suddenly it's winter. Autumn here is much more leisurely - the days are getting shorter and it's getting colder but it's all happening quite slowly, However, as much as I'm enjoying it I am scared that about winter. I really feel the cold - I guess a combination of poor circulation and being quite thin I guess - plus I don't really have any experience in layering. I've been scouring the shops to try and find things that look warm, comfortable and stylish. I'll share what I've found soon, and let you know how it holds up. But in the meantime I'm going to try and enjoy autumn while it lasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment